Whenever anything comes against you that isn’t God’s will for your life – anything that steals, kills and destroys – it is important to take a stand against that. Whatever steals, kills and destroys in your life from relationships to finances, is your enemy.
Faith speaks. Faith speaks the Word of God (Bible). Faith declares the end result, not talks about the circumstances that are negative. You are to overcome every tactic of the enemy in your life. You can know that God causes you to triumph in every situation. You can already know the end result of every battle – it is clearly outlined in the Word of God. You can always win. Check out the previous post, The Real Reason for Christmas for some pointers.
For example, take a disease trying to ravage your body. From reading the Bible in the area of healing you will learn that disease is NOT God’s will for you or your body. Faith will declare the end result – health, wholeness, healing. Faith will declare scriptures about healing. Faith says to that disease, “You have no right in my body. Jesus died for my healing and I accept that healing just like I accepted eternal life. I am healed.” The end result is “healed”.
Someone talking to a huge problem is the story of David and Goliath (1 Samuel 17:37-47). Many of us heard that story in Sunday school. It might come across as a fairy tale, but it is not. It really happened and David really defeated a giant (at least 9′ 7″ tall).
How? He declared his faith in God by speaking the end result before he ever stepped up to battle Goliath. 1 Samuel 17:31-
Here are seven declarations David spoke over the giant before he ever got up to the front line (author paraphrase):
- He starts with: Don’t be afraid: I will go and I will fight against the Philistine
- I killed both the lion and the bear, and this giant who has no covenant with Almighty God will go out the same way.
- I will go now, and take away the reproach of the people
- You come to me with a sword, a spear and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel whom you have mocked. THIS day, the Lord will deliver you into my hands. You’re going down!
- I will kill you
- I will lop off your head
- I will give the rest of your body AND your army to the birds and wild beasts
- Everyone shall know that the Lord saves not with sword and spear: for the battle is the Lord’s, and He will give you into our hands.
- And David prevailed over the Philistine
In 9 verses, David declared and completed the destruction of Goliath before he ever went out and chopped his head off. Verse 10 is simply the result of the words of David’s mouth.
What giant are you facing in your life today? What have you been saying to your giant? It does not matter what you are facing, God has a plan and a way out of it. Your job is to find the scriptures that fit your need and begin to declare those scriptures over your enemy.
Everything from protection, safety, financial prosperity, healed relationships, a whole and sound body, and more are covered in God’s Word.
Tell poverty it has to go because God has delivered you and is your unfailing source of supply! He meets all your needs and wants. Tell strife to get out because the peace of God that is beyond all understanding keeps you! Tell the enemy to get his hands off your kids because they belong to God.
Speak the Word! Find your ammunition in the Bible then talk your giant to defeat! You win!
You have His Word on it!
2 Corinthians 2:14; 4:18
1 John 4:4
1 John 5:4