My mom was a HUGE proponent of healing and divine health. But she hadn’t always known about healing and about her benefits as a Child of the King. In her mid 40’s she developed breast cancer. She ended up have a mastectomy of one breast.
A year after surgery she found out God still heals today. She began fussing at God. She was saying, “But God! I didn’t know. Not one preacher in my life taught about healing or said it was still for us today! In fact they taught it had passed away with the disciples!”
Wanna know God’s answer? “Eddie (her name), I’ll take care of those ministers but YOU had a Bible on your coffee table all along.” In other words, she could have found out about healing for herself just by reading her Bible and believing it.
Not knowing what the Bible said about it kept her from her healing.
Not knowing about your benefits as a Christian means you will NOT walk in those benefits “any old how”. God doesn’t say, “Well, they don’t know their benefits but I’m just going to pile them on them and into their lives anyway.” Not knowing will keep you from keep you from the life Jesus died for you to have.
There are actually scriptures:
Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed because of a lack of knowledge
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: (Psalm 103:2)
It is vital not to forget His benefits. If it helps you understand better, the word “benefits” in the original manuscript uses the word “reward,” like a present or a gift.
Here are just a few of the benefits we are given from our loving Father:
- He forgives all our faults and mistakes;
- He heals ALL (get that? ALL) our diseases;
- He purchased our life from destruction;
- He encircles us about with kindness and favor, and cherishes us;
- He helps us be content with good things (prosperity, wealth, welfare);
- He helps us stay young (youthful);
- He performs righteous deeds and judgments for all who are disheartened, discouraged;
- He will make His ways known to us (no secrets or mysteries);
- He loves us unconditionally and bends down in kindness to us; bestowing favor on us;
- He is slow to anger and overflows in mercy;
- He has not dealt with us according to our mistakes and faults (i.e., we don’t get what we deserve);
- He has taken ALL our mistakes and as far as the east is from the west, removed them from us;
- His mercy is from everlasting to everlasting;
- He even gives us angels who heed His Word and do His pleasure for us.
Get in your Bible and find out what your benefits are from God. Then you can walk in them and enjoy your life even more!
You have His Word on it!